<$BlogRSDURL$>
Prison Pete

Google
 
Tuesday, May 31, 2005
  Pen Pals Wanted.
May 30, 2005

[Editor] I told Pete that I will continue to maintain the blog, but I no longer have time to act as his intermediary for comments and other people's blogs.

Pete has agreed that I can give out his mailing address to anyone interested in corresponding with him directly.

If you want his mailing address, click here to send me an email.

If you prefer to let Pete start the ball rolling, send me an email with your name and mailing address and I will forward it to Pete.

Pete has no access to email, so we are talking about corresponding via old fashioned snail mail using paper and pen, and envelopes and stamps.

You can write whatever you want: generic letters, comments about his blog, or if you have a blog and don't have time to write a letter, just print out and mail a copy of your blog. His is a lonely existence, and he would be happy to receive any and all mail.

Just keep in mind that he is a convicted felon and that he is currently incarcerated in a medium-security NY State prison. As a result, all of his mail is read by NY State Corrections Officers and inspected for contraband.

It may seem scary at first, but it's really not as bad as it sounds.

However, there are some taboo subjects such as anything gang-related, anything related to criminal activity, and anything about operating a business from prison, so steer clear of those topics.

Also, all correspondence must have a return address on the envelope in order to be accepted by the prison mail room.

There are confusing rules as to what he can and cannot receive.

Generally, any letters, either handwritten or typed, are acceptable, except that a prisoner may not receive direct correspondence from another prisoner.

Not that he is asking, but cash, checks, or postage stamps are not allowed, but money orders and books of all types are acceptable.

CDs are not allowed, but factory-sealed cassette tapes are OK.

Newspapers and magazines are not allowed. This restriction includes clippings from newspapers and magazines such as articles, crossword puzzles, or pictures. Newspapers and magazines can only be sent directly from the publisher. However, if you print an article from a newspaper or magazine publisher's web site, that is acceptable. Go figure.

Photographs are OK; they do not have to be professionally printed. You can send digital photos which have been printed on a home inkjet or laser printer.

I will let him answer any other specific questions regarding what he can and cannot receive.
 
Comments:
[Editor] Suzie, I have fixed the email link. Thanks for letting me know about it.
 
Pete,

Just wanted to ask you why you went to prison?? for what crime?? Just curious. I am new to the blog thing (only 5 days in) but if you want to read my blog space, you are welcome to visit my site. It is just fantasies that I write. Have a nice day and God bless. Thanks for giving me an idea of what prison life is like. I've lived a very sheltered life.
 
Hey pete. i've tried to contact you before. I too went to Farm Camp Lowy, '71-73. Contact me on the same blog as you, southernyank-matt.
 
I wanted to send my very best to Pete, as a guy that has been in prison myself. I did time in NC and got out in 2001, and have been blogging about prison life during and after incarceration. I know it isn't easy, but I truly hope that you hang in there.

You can get through this... I did.
 
I have a boyfriend that is in the ny prison system and if you need any informaton i would be glad to help. anyways the email link didn't work but if you need anything you can find me at my blog writing about my prison journy at HotCollegeMom.com or i guess just by responding to my comment here,thank you!
 
Hello Admin, Im new to blogger (been reading here for a few months but just found Pete's site a few hours ago after finally making an account at blogger myself) and was wondering if you know whether or not Pete has found plenty of people to write to since this ad was placed a few years back? Im also currently looking for blogs to follow and enjoy reading blogs in general, so Ill check out your HotcollegeMom dot com blog ASAP for sure. It sounds interesting and cool, and a lot like a name Id come up with! :) Do you write about one certain topic each time or do you focus on different things that you happen to find interesting to blog about? Sorry for rambling, Im new to all of this and just now figuring out how it works. Still have a lot more though still, to figure out as it is LOL ;) Ill adjust eventually. I assume you keep Pete's blog up, or did during the 2004-2010 list of blog months up on the right hand side?? That was very kind of you, I know it isnt easy to also maintain your own site as well. Wow! Anyway, let me know if you happen to come across this comment- if Pete found enough pen friends to write to AND if he will be there for awhile.....for all I know right now, I could be writing all this ramble and he may be out doing his own thing, putting life back together for himself. I wish him all the strength in the world, he has more than I think he realizes within himself when the times get rough. I wanted to send him a card when reading about his times like this and then realized I was reading posts from him that were older, such as 2009 and 2010- so Im not sure what hes doing now but hopefully better- and if in your opinion you think hed still love to get a card in the mail let me know! Take care and thanks in advance for reading my comment! I know you are prob busy! -Bee from Kentucky :)
 
Post a Comment
DIARY OF A PRISONER

View my profile
Contact Prison Pete
Contact the Editor
Blogroll Me!

ARCHIVES
December 2010
November 2010
October 2010
September 2010
August 2010
July 2010
June 2010
May 2010
April 2010
March 2010
February 2010
January 2010

December 2009
November 2009
October 2009
September 2009
August 2009
July 2009
June 2009
May 2009
April 2009
March 2009
February 2009
January 2009

December 2008
November 2008
October 2008
September 2008
August 2008
July 2008
June 2008
May 2008
April 2008
March 2008
February 2008
January 2008

December 2007
November 2007
October 2007
September 2007
August 2007
July 2007
June 2007
May 2007
April 2007
March 2007
February 2007
January 2007

December 2006
November 2006
October 2006
September 2006
August 2006
July 2006
June 2006
May 2006
April 2006
March 2006
February 2006
January 2006

December 2005
November 2005
October 2005
September 2005
August 2005
July 2005
June 2005
May 2005
April 2005
March 2005
February 2005
January 2005

December 2004
November 2004
October 2004
September 2004
August 2004
July 2004
June 2004
May 2004
April 2004

PETE'S BLOGROLL


Powered by Blogger




PETE'S FAVORITES

Authors
Emily Dickinson
Janet Evanovich
Ian Fleming
Jonathan Franzen
Robert Fulghum
Sue Grafton
Tami Hoag
Jean Shepherd

Musicians
Johann Sebastian Bach
Beatles
Beethoven
Virgil Fox
Benny Goodman
Vladimir Horowitz
Itzhak Perlman
David Russell
Lonnie Smith

Radio and TV Shows
All Things Considered
Capitol Steps
Fawlty Towers
Fresh Air
The Infinite Mind
Jazz After Hours
Jeeves and Wooster
Pipe Dreams
symphonyspace.org

Media, Publishers, Networks
Amazon
Augsberg Fortress Press
Hamilton Bookseller
hamiltonbook.com
NY Daily News
NY Newsday
NY Times
NPR
PBS
PC Magazine
WNED Buffalo, NY

Helpful Organizations
Kauffman.org
WKKF.org

Government
Federal Bureau of Prisons
NY State Court of Appeals
NY State Department of Corrections

Other
Typing with a Dvorak keyboard
Fastback Book Binding System
Who links to me?