<$BlogRSDURL$>
Prison Pete

Google
 
Monday, April 11, 2005
  Mail Order Food.
The damn typewriter ribbon started catching. It is the original ribbon that came with the machine and is less than half used. Certainly not a good omen.

I wanted to take my shower before 8:00 PM to catch the start of the symphony broadcast that starts at 8:00 PM. Unfortunately everyone else seems to want to take their shower at this time too.

So I am starting to type out a letter to you. It is done using new carbon paper and at the 12 CPI spacing. Just for an experiment let me know if it can be scanned by the OCR software. If it has trouble reading certain characters, it may be I need to use the 10 CPI. I need to figure out the cost of the carbon paper, but if I can use a sheet for five or ten pages, the carbon should be cheaper than the ribbon. Just one of those things to look into.

The missing parts of letters on this letter are from the sticky ribbon. Maybe you could find out if there is a store-brand available and what the cost is?

The Russell Hobbs hot pot on Amazon.com is exactly the one I can get and that the other inmates recommend. Would you be willing to buy it for me? I could have Mom and Dad send you a check if that would help.

My parents have decided to not send me any more food. They are willing to order it from the various catalogs but are tired of doing their own packing and shipping. They are also not willing to order stuff online. The main problem is what I really like to get is the fresh fruit and veggies. But for now I am working on getting the basics and getting the damn appeal out.

The ribbon is still sticking. Damn.

Let me go check the shower.

Well, I just got back from the shower and the concert just started. I only caught that it was an Igor Stravinsky piece but not the name. Well, it is not Firebird that is for sure.

I am typing out this letter directly as I go. Without trying to overburden you, I just want you to think about if you would be willing to occasionally order stuff online for me. I am thinking about maybe once a month getting some treat foods in. I could have Mom and Dad send you the funds and then you would be able to order things at your leisure. You would not need to check with my Mom and Dad at all since they would not be sending anything.

While there is a whole bunch of stuff that some of the guys get sent in such as precooked hamburger meat, etc., at this point I want to get back to my same-thing-each-day menu, eating items that are available from the commissary.

It looks like I will be eating plain oatmeal for breakfast (2nd Violin Concerto by Bartok is the next piece up), tuna salad with mustard, not mayo, and peanut butter or cheese sandwiches for the third meal. I will occasionally eat a meal in the chow hall; for example, tonight was one slice of rectangle pizza.

So once a month you might send me some clam sauce, anchovies, and canned tomatoes. They sell pasta in the commissary along with plain tomato sauce. One of the inmates said that you could order food at walmart.com

What we would do is send in a sample order of certain things to be sure each product was allowed, and then once a month you would simply be able to surprise me with some special meals.

I am not trying to overwhelm you. The point is that I would be totally self-sufficient from commissary; the stuff you buy would all be bonus and probably twenty items or less. Let me know if you are interested. As I said, Mom and Dad are "funny" about certain things, but have no problem with other things. Since some of the food stuff on the web would be shipped free, it just makes it easier.

I know this letter is a rough draft format, but to be honest I am sort of typed out right now and pissed at the ribbon. Tomorrow's project is to do some more typing suitable for the blog.
 
Comments: Post a Comment
DIARY OF A PRISONER

View my profile
Contact Prison Pete
Contact the Editor
Blogroll Me!

ARCHIVES
December 2010
November 2010
October 2010
September 2010
August 2010
July 2010
June 2010
May 2010
April 2010
March 2010
February 2010
January 2010

December 2009
November 2009
October 2009
September 2009
August 2009
July 2009
June 2009
May 2009
April 2009
March 2009
February 2009
January 2009

December 2008
November 2008
October 2008
September 2008
August 2008
July 2008
June 2008
May 2008
April 2008
March 2008
February 2008
January 2008

December 2007
November 2007
October 2007
September 2007
August 2007
July 2007
June 2007
May 2007
April 2007
March 2007
February 2007
January 2007

December 2006
November 2006
October 2006
September 2006
August 2006
July 2006
June 2006
May 2006
April 2006
March 2006
February 2006
January 2006

December 2005
November 2005
October 2005
September 2005
August 2005
July 2005
June 2005
May 2005
April 2005
March 2005
February 2005
January 2005

December 2004
November 2004
October 2004
September 2004
August 2004
July 2004
June 2004
May 2004
April 2004

PETE'S BLOGROLL


Powered by Blogger




PETE'S FAVORITES

Authors
Emily Dickinson
Janet Evanovich
Ian Fleming
Jonathan Franzen
Robert Fulghum
Sue Grafton
Tami Hoag
Jean Shepherd

Musicians
Johann Sebastian Bach
Beatles
Beethoven
Virgil Fox
Benny Goodman
Vladimir Horowitz
Itzhak Perlman
David Russell
Lonnie Smith

Radio and TV Shows
All Things Considered
Capitol Steps
Fawlty Towers
Fresh Air
The Infinite Mind
Jazz After Hours
Jeeves and Wooster
Pipe Dreams
symphonyspace.org

Media, Publishers, Networks
Amazon
Augsberg Fortress Press
Hamilton Bookseller
hamiltonbook.com
NY Daily News
NY Newsday
NY Times
NPR
PBS
PC Magazine
WNED Buffalo, NY

Helpful Organizations
Kauffman.org
WKKF.org

Government
Federal Bureau of Prisons
NY State Court of Appeals
NY State Department of Corrections

Other
Typing with a Dvorak keyboard
Fastback Book Binding System
Who links to me?