<$BlogRSDURL$>
Prison Pete

Google
 
Friday, June 30, 2006
  Happy Birthday Dear Editor.
First and foremost, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Welcome to this side of the half century mark. Many more days to come for both of us older guys, and hopefully some of them even face to face together!

I have been in a funk about my life, and have not been doing much of anything. I had thought I had certainly thanked you for the books as my habit has been to always send some sort of acknowledgment the same day I receive them. The other thing that had me slightly confused was that I was sure you had received my letter yet you never made any comments, so I sort of assumed the letters were out there crossing in the mail.

I have lots of writing to do, and while you have not been getting much mail from me lately, no one else has either. I still have not gotten the Father's Day card done, and that is holding up the card that is eventually going to brighten up the confines of your mailbox soon.

I am still waiting for the date my parents promised to give me for their visit this month (June) and we are rapidly running out of June. I just received a copy of a letter my Dad sent to a bunch of people that remembered him on the anniversary of his ordination (number 50). The note on the back of the letter said that it was either the first or second letter I got they were not sure. And no mention of coming up to visit. Oh well.

The previously mentioned and blogged about "village idiot" has been in the cube across from me for three weeks now. That is just another one of those issues that I keep thinking will be solved soon, but yet the solution is being delayed. The regular officer that works the day shift has now been out for five weeks. There has been no official word on where he is, and we have not had the same officer for more than two or three days at a time. I know that as soon as Lewis shows up he would either kick the guy out of the unit (not just on my say so but he really is a pain in the ass to others) or at least move him to the other side of the dorm. But each weekend and Monday that rolls around and Lewis does not show, causes more anguish.

He is constantly staring at me whenever I cough, and started in again today telling me that he knows I am highly contagious, and responsible for all the ills in the unit!

He continues to state that since he has sinus troubles and has worked in a hospital he is more than qualified to know that my problem is not sinus related. The good news to me is that I think I am really on the mend. I have finished off three months of the nasal spray, and now I take one or two decongestants the nose clears up. Hope it stays this way for a while. I can almost taste my food again!

I have been on a two day sugar binge and it still does not help my "down in the dumps" feeling. Yesterday I not only ate a pint of Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream, but instead of my one a day chocolate, I had both a Hershey Bar and a bag of M&M's. (The ice cream was two days ago, not yesterday.) As I write this I am polishing off my second bag of M&M's for today.

The problem is that this means that toward the end of the current two week period, I will have no goodies to eat at all. That is the bitch about only being able to shop once every fourteen days! The other is that with the warmer and more humid weather my English muffins mold before I can eat them.

The carpenter job is going okay. I get some snide comments from one or two of the civilian staff. Yesterday one said, "What does he think he is doing, making furniture?" Well, yes I am! I am making paper towel racks. Why have all the proper power tools and cheap labor and not do a proper job?
 
Comments: Post a Comment
DIARY OF A PRISONER

View my profile
Contact Prison Pete
Contact the Editor
Blogroll Me!

ARCHIVES
December 2010
November 2010
October 2010
September 2010
August 2010
July 2010
June 2010
May 2010
April 2010
March 2010
February 2010
January 2010

December 2009
November 2009
October 2009
September 2009
August 2009
July 2009
June 2009
May 2009
April 2009
March 2009
February 2009
January 2009

December 2008
November 2008
October 2008
September 2008
August 2008
July 2008
June 2008
May 2008
April 2008
March 2008
February 2008
January 2008

December 2007
November 2007
October 2007
September 2007
August 2007
July 2007
June 2007
May 2007
April 2007
March 2007
February 2007
January 2007

December 2006
November 2006
October 2006
September 2006
August 2006
July 2006
June 2006
May 2006
April 2006
March 2006
February 2006
January 2006

December 2005
November 2005
October 2005
September 2005
August 2005
July 2005
June 2005
May 2005
April 2005
March 2005
February 2005
January 2005

December 2004
November 2004
October 2004
September 2004
August 2004
July 2004
June 2004
May 2004
April 2004

PETE'S BLOGROLL


Powered by Blogger




PETE'S FAVORITES

Authors
Emily Dickinson
Janet Evanovich
Ian Fleming
Jonathan Franzen
Robert Fulghum
Sue Grafton
Tami Hoag
Jean Shepherd

Musicians
Johann Sebastian Bach
Beatles
Beethoven
Virgil Fox
Benny Goodman
Vladimir Horowitz
Itzhak Perlman
David Russell
Lonnie Smith

Radio and TV Shows
All Things Considered
Capitol Steps
Fawlty Towers
Fresh Air
The Infinite Mind
Jazz After Hours
Jeeves and Wooster
Pipe Dreams
symphonyspace.org

Media, Publishers, Networks
Amazon
Augsberg Fortress Press
Hamilton Bookseller
hamiltonbook.com
NY Daily News
NY Newsday
NY Times
NPR
PBS
PC Magazine
WNED Buffalo, NY

Helpful Organizations
Kauffman.org
WKKF.org

Government
Federal Bureau of Prisons
NY State Court of Appeals
NY State Department of Corrections

Other
Typing with a Dvorak keyboard
Fastback Book Binding System
Who links to me?