<$BlogRSDURL$>
Prison Pete

Google
 
Tuesday, July 25, 2006
  Corner Cube.
I thought I had better send another letter out to you after the letter yesterday did not really mention much of what is new with me and I need to comment on your latest letter.

I was sorry hearing about your funk, but perhaps it is something to so with arriving at that fifty year mark. I certainly understand your frustration at nothing special happening on your birthday, how many years have I hoped for a special birthday visit or for the last two years a special food package. But alas no such luck.

I am glad you are enjoying your new wheels and are still seeing an increase in your stamina as you continue to ride. Maybe you should see if you could go for a mountain bike ride with our President. I am sure your new mountain bike is a fine tooled machine. How much does it weigh as compared to your road bike? What kind of rims/wheels does it have? I assume the bike does have some sort of shocks on the front and back? Maybe you could send me a picture and spec sheet?

I stopped by Medical today and signed the acknowledgement for my colonoscopy. I have a CAT scan scheduled for my sinuses and a full blood work-up scheduled for next week. By the end of this month I should really have a good idea of my physical condition.

The CAT scan and the colonoscopy are both done at either the city hospital or one of the other state prisons that has an extended medical department. I am pretty sure the colonoscopy will be done at the hospital. The day prior I will probably be in a medical unit for the "clean-out" phase. NOT.

The downside is that for the CAT scan I get to sit around in a holding cell with a bunch of other inmates all trussed up; handcuffed, waist chain and leg chain too. I'm not sure about the other procedure but I will certainly fill you in after all is completed.

It was nice to get the uplifting comments in your latest letter. I am such an emotional weakling and once I get a serious comment or two I feel so up. Not that your letters leave me down. But even though I know intellectually that I must be patient, that things take time and one must appreciate the little steps, emotional I still get too easily frustrated when comments are absent and the mail call does not carry any letters for me.

I moved out of the back row and into a corner cube yesterday. I am now sitting in my new cube facing west. I have two windows in front of me and another two windows on my left along the edge of the bed. It is kind of like sleeping on a screened in porch. It has been raining all afternoon and evening and it is very damp in here. I do get plenty of fresh air and if there is any breeze, I get it.

While it does cool off a little after 10:00 PM, lately it has been so hot in the dorm you sweat just sitting on the bed. I certainly miss the air conditioning from Club Fed. This is the first summer in ten years I have not had air conditioned sleeping accommodations.

Another advantage of the new cube is that I can now get the Country station in even with the lights on and the typewriter plugged in. I know some of my blog readers will be happy to hear I can listen to more country music. I can get the local Public radio station in a little clearer to the point that it is still not quite a stereo signal, but I can listen to the news, which I did this evening while finishing up the crossword puzzle.

The move also puts me on the opposite side of the dorm of the village idiot, although he brought over another inmate tonight to get the address for the Manhattan DA. I am the source of all kinds of useful info.

It is already rapidly approaching 8:00 PM.
 
Comments:
Hey, Just found your blog, not sure how. Very interesting! I will be back to read more later. You sure have ecclectic taste in music! I love that!

Scarlett
 
Post a Comment
DIARY OF A PRISONER

View my profile
Contact Prison Pete
Contact the Editor
Blogroll Me!

ARCHIVES
December 2010
November 2010
October 2010
September 2010
August 2010
July 2010
June 2010
May 2010
April 2010
March 2010
February 2010
January 2010

December 2009
November 2009
October 2009
September 2009
August 2009
July 2009
June 2009
May 2009
April 2009
March 2009
February 2009
January 2009

December 2008
November 2008
October 2008
September 2008
August 2008
July 2008
June 2008
May 2008
April 2008
March 2008
February 2008
January 2008

December 2007
November 2007
October 2007
September 2007
August 2007
July 2007
June 2007
May 2007
April 2007
March 2007
February 2007
January 2007

December 2006
November 2006
October 2006
September 2006
August 2006
July 2006
June 2006
May 2006
April 2006
March 2006
February 2006
January 2006

December 2005
November 2005
October 2005
September 2005
August 2005
July 2005
June 2005
May 2005
April 2005
March 2005
February 2005
January 2005

December 2004
November 2004
October 2004
September 2004
August 2004
July 2004
June 2004
May 2004
April 2004

PETE'S BLOGROLL


Powered by Blogger




PETE'S FAVORITES

Authors
Emily Dickinson
Janet Evanovich
Ian Fleming
Jonathan Franzen
Robert Fulghum
Sue Grafton
Tami Hoag
Jean Shepherd

Musicians
Johann Sebastian Bach
Beatles
Beethoven
Virgil Fox
Benny Goodman
Vladimir Horowitz
Itzhak Perlman
David Russell
Lonnie Smith

Radio and TV Shows
All Things Considered
Capitol Steps
Fawlty Towers
Fresh Air
The Infinite Mind
Jazz After Hours
Jeeves and Wooster
Pipe Dreams
symphonyspace.org

Media, Publishers, Networks
Amazon
Augsberg Fortress Press
Hamilton Bookseller
hamiltonbook.com
NY Daily News
NY Newsday
NY Times
NPR
PBS
PC Magazine
WNED Buffalo, NY

Helpful Organizations
Kauffman.org
WKKF.org

Government
Federal Bureau of Prisons
NY State Court of Appeals
NY State Department of Corrections

Other
Typing with a Dvorak keyboard
Fastback Book Binding System
Who links to me?