<$BlogRSDURL$>
Prison Pete

Google
 
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
  What Next?
It is just after 4:00 PM here at Camp Run-A-Muk and I have managed to stay somewhat on task up till now. Mail call has occurred and I received last Sunday's NY Times along with this past Thursday and Friday. I have looked at the page one's of each and scanned a few special items I usually look at first in the Sunday paper. The second page of the Week in Review, for the cartoons and late night talk show jokes from the past week. The Ethicist from the Sunday Magazine section is another area of first perusal.

Today's mail also brought the latest Hamilton Books catalog. This one is the one with all books costing $2.95, $3.95, and $4.95. A two disc DVD collection of the 2003 & 2004 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issues is available for only $3.95. Hmm, I guess babes in swimsuits have a shelf life.

Now what do I write more? Start to work on filling out my bi-weekly commissary sheet, practice the keyboard, make some dinner, read through at least one of the three papers received. No shortage of things to do. I have my bed covered with the various stacks of papers I have been using to type today. That has the side benefit of preventing me from lying down.

As I think I mentioned I am now in leg limbo. The doctor that did the operation to put the three pins into my femur to get it to heal has handed off my case to another surgeon in the office that does hip replacements. I am willing to challenge the notion that I need to have the operation NOW. As strange as it may seem while I am certainly tired of not being able to stand on my own two feet, why give up after investing almost six months in the healing process? My alleged higher than normal metabolism does not appear to include fast healing of broken bones. Since this is my first broken bone, it is sort of late in life to find that out.

All of the above items mentioned as To-Do should be done yet today, before 11 PM. The only must do, if I want to have any treats and not have to eat state issue food for the next two weeks, is to fill out the commissary sheet. I did receive some good news last week. My latest cholesterol levels have apparently gone done to the proper range. As a result of the commissary only carrying artificial cheese, I no longer buy the American and cream cheese.

My basic diet now consists of starting the day with a bowl of oatmeal, one toasted English muffin and a large mug full of ice tea. Lunch usually is in two parts. A peanut butter (crunchy) and jelly sandwich at 10:00 while at work. Yes I work in the mess hall, but I do not usually eat the food. And a second sandwich around 2:00 PM. Dinner is either a can of black beans with some chopped onions and other spices added or a can of tuna (chunk in water) either as part of a pasta (cold spaghetti noodles 1/3 pound) salad or tuna salad sandwich. I have been using some nacho chips to flavor the beans or as a dipper with the tuna salad.

Still have not come across that beef jerky article.

Before I begin to type pure nonsense, let me put all the paperwork away for the day, take it as being a good start at getting back on the writing track and begin to tackle the other must do items for today. I want to thank you all for reading my musings, and as always feel free to leave comments or questions. I know this blog has been rather thin on stimulating content lately and that has been caused by a number of events that have just left me with the feeling that not much I do matters.

The fault in that thinking is obvious. One must live as if each and every minute provide an opportunity for growth. It may not always be in the area or direction one wants, but life is indeed what you make of it. I am grateful for each of the people who stop by on the blog. Comments are always appreciated but I do appreciate all who just stop by, by accident or misdirect search and still spend a minute or two looking at what this blog is about.

So until the next posting arrives, stay well, safe and enjoy life it is after all here for each of us to enjoy.
 
Comments: Post a Comment
DIARY OF A PRISONER

View my profile
Contact Prison Pete
Contact the Editor
Blogroll Me!

ARCHIVES
December 2010
November 2010
October 2010
September 2010
August 2010
July 2010
June 2010
May 2010
April 2010
March 2010
February 2010
January 2010

December 2009
November 2009
October 2009
September 2009
August 2009
July 2009
June 2009
May 2009
April 2009
March 2009
February 2009
January 2009

December 2008
November 2008
October 2008
September 2008
August 2008
July 2008
June 2008
May 2008
April 2008
March 2008
February 2008
January 2008

December 2007
November 2007
October 2007
September 2007
August 2007
July 2007
June 2007
May 2007
April 2007
March 2007
February 2007
January 2007

December 2006
November 2006
October 2006
September 2006
August 2006
July 2006
June 2006
May 2006
April 2006
March 2006
February 2006
January 2006

December 2005
November 2005
October 2005
September 2005
August 2005
July 2005
June 2005
May 2005
April 2005
March 2005
February 2005
January 2005

December 2004
November 2004
October 2004
September 2004
August 2004
July 2004
June 2004
May 2004
April 2004

PETE'S BLOGROLL


Powered by Blogger




PETE'S FAVORITES

Authors
Emily Dickinson
Janet Evanovich
Ian Fleming
Jonathan Franzen
Robert Fulghum
Sue Grafton
Tami Hoag
Jean Shepherd

Musicians
Johann Sebastian Bach
Beatles
Beethoven
Virgil Fox
Benny Goodman
Vladimir Horowitz
Itzhak Perlman
David Russell
Lonnie Smith

Radio and TV Shows
All Things Considered
Capitol Steps
Fawlty Towers
Fresh Air
The Infinite Mind
Jazz After Hours
Jeeves and Wooster
Pipe Dreams
symphonyspace.org

Media, Publishers, Networks
Amazon
Augsberg Fortress Press
Hamilton Bookseller
hamiltonbook.com
NY Daily News
NY Newsday
NY Times
NPR
PBS
PC Magazine
WNED Buffalo, NY

Helpful Organizations
Kauffman.org
WKKF.org

Government
Federal Bureau of Prisons
NY State Court of Appeals
NY State Department of Corrections

Other
Typing with a Dvorak keyboard
Fastback Book Binding System
Who links to me?